This is our Winter Skills specific Full Day of Advanced Driver Training for BMW Car Club of BC members and other car enthusiasts.
Work on your driving skills and attitudes with a specific Winter Skills school, a full day session packed with fun and excitement, suitable for all drivers. This special version of our first Car Control course brings together the fundamentals of confident, safe driving in an exciting session designed to allow you to explore the limits of vehicle control that apply to winter driving using the wet skid pad.
This is a special Winter Skills version of our Car Control program which is part of our graduated programs for drivers.
The Winter Skills day is packed with both opportunities to learn, and FUN while you are doing the learning. Instruction is provided for us by the skilled professionals at Driving Unlimited who also teach for BMW, Mercedes., Mazda and several other manufacturers.
There is no better way to explore skid control, over and under steer and slip and slide that can happen on wet slippery winter roads in a safe controlled way under the supervision of a skilled instructor.
How will your car react? How will you react when the road is slippery?
How does the stability control and ABS affect things? This course lets you find out on a large flat course in a safe environment.
Training provided by the skilled professionals at Driving Unlimited.
Open to persons at least 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license, learner’s license or novice driver’s license. Parental consent form required for participants under 19 years of age.
Noise and safety restrictions apply at all BMW Club events, including driver training. Vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition, meet ICBC regulations as street legal and properly mufflered to allow normal conversation in the vehicle. The noise limit at our events is 90db. Cars must be equipped equally for both driver & passenger safety and comfort.
British Columbia Driving Center at Pitt Meadows Airport
18200 Ford Rd, Pitt Meadows
Cancellations and Refunds
- If, for some reason, a registered participant is unable to attend the scheduled course date of the Program, the registered participant may be entitled to a refund minus processing fees of their registration fees, subject to the following conditions:
- 30 days or more prior to course date Full refund less processing fee specified for event (minimum $10 processing fee)
- 22 to 29 days prior to course date 90% refund less applicable processing fee
- 15 to 21 days prior to course date 75% refund less applicable processing fee
- 10 to 14 days prior to course date 50% refund less applicable processing fee
- 10 days or less prior to course date 0% refund
- There will be no refunds for no shows or last minute cancellations.
No refunds are offered for cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the course date.
- All cancellation requests must be confirmed in writing (email to firstname.lastname@example.org ) by the registered participant and will be subject to the refund policy outlined above. Depending on processing date, the basic admin fee of $10 will normally apply. Registered participants who do not attend the Program on their scheduled date are responsible for the entire registration fee.
- The BMW Car Club of BC reserves the right to cancel any Program dates without notice and will, in such event, make a full refund of any registration fees. No liability is assumed by the BMW Car Club of BC for changes in the Program dates, contents or venues.
- All refunds will be credited to the Visa or MasterCard used in the original purchase.