Drive to Oliver and Area 27
The BMW Car Club of BC presents HPDE day at Area27. Area27 is a 4.83km world class track designed by Canada’s own Jacques Villeneuve. The track opened in August of 2016, which makes it one of the newest tracks in North America. Not only do you get to experience this amazing track, you get to do it with professional instruction provided by Driving Unlimited. Driving Unlimited will be providing the same great instruction and organization they do for our HPDE days at Mission Raceway. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to experience this private world class track with professional instruction.
There will be 3 run groups for this event, A, B and C. The criteria to attended has been updated, and now drivers that have attended a Dancing with Cones event or a Mission Track Day in C group or higher can attend. Don’t miss out on experiencing this world class track. Drivers that are unknown to the club will have their previous track experience verified.
Cost for a full track day at Area 27 with instruction taxes included:
Hotel & Social information
Many club members are staying at The Coast Oliver Hotel.
The room rates include a hot breakfast in the morning, complimentary wifi and ample free parking in a well-lit secure lot.
To book you may call 1-800-716-6199 or use www.coasthotels.com
The BMWCarClub of BC has a reservation for Saturday evening dinner at The Rattlesnake Lounge at the NK’Mip Canyon Desert Golf Course for 6:30 pm which is about 2 km from the hotel.
Trip Starting Point:Saturday October 5, 2019 at 10:30 hr. Be there!
Meeting location is 8621 201 St. Langley BC
The parking lot in front of the Deloitte building. Located behind the Shell Gas station on the corner of 86th Ave. & 200th St.
We are leaving a little later and will be taking a direct route to take advantage of the mid day temperatures for Hwy 3
The route description to the Coast Hotel Oliver will be discussed that morning in Langley. We continue to monitor the weather and at this point the route through HWY 3 on October 5th seems to be dry and well above freezing.
Manning Park for October 5th
Starting October 1st winter driving rules comes into effect for the highways to reach Oliver within B.C. and appropriate tires are technically required. Driving Unlimited has offered to transport participants track day tires to Oliver. It will be the responsibility of each driver to determine what tires they will have on their car for the drive to Oliver.
Note: There is an alternative route to Oliver via Washington state highways which will not have winter driving conditions in effect if you wish to take an alternate route. If we are required to go the US route please make sure you have the appropriate ID that will get you over the border.
Cancellation and Refunds
- If, for some reason, a registered participant is unable to attend the scheduled course date of the Program, the registered participant may be entitled to a refund minus processing fees of their registration fees, subject to the following conditions:
- 30 days or more prior to course date Full refund less processing fee specified for event (minimum $10 processing fee)
- HPDE: 25 to 29 days prior to course date 90% refund less applicable processing fee
- HPDE: 25 days or less prior to course date 0% refund
- There will be no refunds for no shows or last minute cancellations.
No refunds are offered for cancellations made less than 25 days prior to the course date for HPDE, or 15 days prior to the course date for Road Skills, UNLESS we are able to re-sell the vacant spot.
- All cancellation requests must be confirmed in writing (email to email@example.com ) by the registered participant and will be subject to the refund policy outlined above. Depending on processing date, the basic admin fee of $10 will normally apply. Registered participants who do not attend the Program on their scheduled date are responsible for the entire registration fee.
- The BMW Car Club of BC reserves the right to cancel any Program dates without notice and will, in such event, make a full refund of any registration fees. No liability is assumed by the BMW Car Club of BC for changes in the Program dates, contents or venues.
- All refunds will be credited to the Visa or MasterCard used in the original purchase.
- The BMW car Club of BC and Driving Unlimited reserve the right to expel any participant from the event for ANY reason deemed appropriate by the club directors, or the driving instruction team.